2022(ish) RMD Leadership Academy is almost here!
Don’t miss out– register today!!
Leadership Academy 2022, originally scheduled for Saturday, November 19th, has been rescheduled due to multiple conflicts. The live portion RMD Online Leadership Academy 2022(ish) will now be held on Saturday, January 14th, 2023.
You can register now, which will give you access to the library of job-specific and topic-specific training videos generously shared with us by the Southwest District. Please make sure all of your chapter leaders know about this resource, especially those who are taking on new roles for the new year.
The live portion of this event will consist of training courses provided by Beverly Greene, a facilitator from the BHS Leadership Operations Team, as well as a general session with district leadership. Please mark your calendars and plan to participate with us in January.
Live Sessions: Saturday, Jan 14, 2023
Three sessions of live training facilitated by Beverly Greene from the Barbershop Harmony Society Leadershop Operations Team. Tune in for any or all.
9:00 AM – TBA
10:00 AM – TBA
11:00 AM – TBA
12:00 PM – General Session
A live general session, including presentations by members of our district about things that have worked for them, as well as a roundtable discussion of leadership issues and courses. Come share in an exchange of ideas with leaders from other organizations. Hear from experienced instructors. Establish new connections that can help you and your chorus.
Presentations will include:
Available anytime: Online, Self-Paced Courses
View any or all of these job-specific training courses for all sorts of leaders of choral organizations. We’re thankful again to the Southwest District for loaning us their content.
- Chapter Presidents Training Class
- Presidents Q&A
- Chapter Secretary Training Class
- Chapter Treasurer Training Class
- Marketing & PR Overview
- Marketing Your Chorus with Facebook
- Promoting Your Chapter with Public Relations
- How to use Facebook Ads to Promote Your Chapter
- Working with Local Media to Promote Your Chapter
- Developing a Growth Mindset in Times of Choral Isolation
- Grant Writing with Ashley Brown
- Recruiting and Retention with Katie McDonald
- Fundraising with the Alexandria Harmonizers
- Ways to Connect with Music Educators
- Music Leaders Q&A
- Community Involvement