Harmony Happening in the Hills will be here before we know it, so here’s some thoughts, information and rough itinerary for this event. Dates for this very special festival are August 24 & 25. The goal is to put 75 to 100+ men on the risers. I personally have sung only a few times with such a large chorus. I know some of you have but it may have been awhile, so to me and others it will be very special if we can get close to the goal. Please be there if at all possible. This year special effort is going into marketing of this special event.
1. Nobody anywhere else in the world can take part in an event like this. Imagine who can say they sang at Mt. Rushmore. It’s a bucket-list event. The exposure is massive; the guys I talked with out of Bismarck, Billings, and Sioux Falls said that they wouldn’t miss it for the world. It is truly a special event.
2. Friday evening – 5 p.m. at the Hill City Boys & Girls Club, the event kicks off with a welcome meet and greet along with the infamous Somewhat Serious Quartet Contest and hot dog feed. The evening will begin with welcome remarks, registration & sign-up for the quartet contest.
3. We will also be singing for the Hill City Barbecue event that evening as well. Don’t miss it!
4. Saturday morning – 8:30 a.m. (Hill City high school theater) – Registration continues.
5. Saturday morning – 9 a.m. – (Hill City high school theater) – Rehearsal begins
6. Welcome and introduction of guest director Jim Clark – Make sure you all continue making new friends.
7. At approximately 12 noon we will break for lunch, you are on your own for lunch. There are several restaurants within walking distance.
8. Reconvene at 1 p.m. to rehearse till approx. 3 p.m.
9. At approximately 3 p.m. we will adjourn to the mountain to prepare for singing there.
10. For those who have non-singing friends and family who want to hear you sing, (and who wouldn’t), the program begins between 3:30 and 4 p.m.
11. The Afterglow is back at the Hill City Boys and Girls Club, (same location we had Friday’s meet and greet). It will begin shortly after performance. Those choosing to attend the lighting ceremony at the mountain please do so on Friday as the afterglow is too special to miss. A light meal served at $10 per head, (note this is not covered by your registration fee). There will be a donation jar for beverages. Singing and fellowship to go until 11 p.m.
12. This is a unique event and will be great fun as well as educational, tell your friends and neighbors!!
To register for this fantastic event, go to: http://shrineofdemocracychorus.org/forms/hhregister.html. Registration deadline is August 17.
Pete Stach & Rod Pfeifle